Description of the Honorary Board Members’ Position
Honorary Board members are local dignitaries or celebrities who will be invited by Board of Directors to attend Advisory Board events and fundraisers as well as network on behalf of the Board of directors with local business and community leaders. The primary responsibility of an Honorary Advisory Board Member is to elevate the Board’s profile among potential supporters and partners, as their schedule and responsibilities allow.
Specific Responsibilities (As Schedule Allows)
- Promote and/or attend local fundraising efforts to support Diplomat grants in the community
- Network with and introduce the Advisory Board to potential local business partners, community leaders, and donors who support children’s literacy
- Increase awareness of Diplomat activities through community outreach and the media
- Promote and/or attend Diplomat promotional events with Recipient Groups
- Promote and/or attend special, local events sponsored by Diplomat’s national corporate partners
- Correspond regularly with the Advisory Board Chair about potential connections and opportunities
- Attend Advisory Board meetings
- Serve as a local ambassador for Diplomat
- Have fun!
Attend events and Advisory Board meetings when available. Speak on behalf of the Advisory Board to local business and community leaders, whenever possible. Time commitment will coincide with Advisory Board needs and Honorary Member’s availability.